QuarkChain Mining Tutorial and Q&A

Please note that if you use ethminer 0.18.0, you may experience frequent network disconnect problem. This should be fixed by using 0.17.0 version.

1 Like
  • Q: In case somebody used ETH address from HW wallet like Trezor or Ledger than he wouldn’t be able to get to coins cause private key isn’t accessible at least for Trezor, am I right? Do you plan to add support for Trezor?

A: You are right! QPocket which supports Ledger is in review. We don’t have a plan to support Trezor until now.

• Q: Why can’t i deposit QKC to binance, anyone knows? Says invalid address.

A: Binance doesn’t support mainnet token. You can deposit on Kucoin and Gate.io and swap them to ERC20 tokens then transfer to Binance.

• Q: According to this table, mining on shard3 with 83mh/s will give 3848 qkc/day. is that correct? sounds too good imo

A: The result is calculated assuming that you have staked enough QKC.

• Q: Can I mine and receive coins on ledger eth address?

A: No. Rewards are only transferred to QKC mainnet address.

• Q: What does FullProof-of-Staked-Work Support mean? Any info link?

A: https://medium.com/quarkchain-official/proof-of-staked-work-ef36f9499279

• Q: How to import pk from nano s?

A: It doesn’t support nano s.

• Q: How do i swap it for erc20 on kucoin?

A: Deposit mainnet token and withdraw with eth address.

• Q: I bought 71000 qkc on kucoin and have a small mining rig that produces 83mh/s.
    I’ve read a lot about qkc maining, staking, posw and whatnot but the more i read the less i understand.
    Fist, what i’d like to know is, can i earn more with my mining rig by mining QKC than mining eth/etc?

A: The profits are the same as ETH if you mined QKC without PoSW because miners would make the profits balanced. The more you stake the more you earn. You will got one PoSW block every 256 blocks if you stake 71000 on Chain 3. It takes 10 seconds to mine block on average. So one day you can mine 24 * 60 * 60s/(256 * 10s) = 33.75 block. 33.75block * 2.86qkc / block=96.525QKC. So you would earn more 96.525 QKC than eth every day.

Video: QuarkChain Review and MINING Guide [Step by Step]!

Notice:
We publish pool0.qpool.net as a backup of pool.qpool.net.
You can use pool0.qpool.net instead of pool.qpool.net once pool.qpool.net doesn’t work

Claymore Command
EthDcrMiner64(.exe) -epool stratum1+tcp://pool.qpool.net:8008 -ewal 0x1234…abcd -epsw x -mode 1 -allpools 1

-epool -ewal -mode 1 -allpools 1 are necessary

For ethminer you give this command

“ethminer -X -P stratum1+tcp:// YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS . UESRNAME : PASSWORD @pool.qpool.net:8008”

when accessing qpool.net there is no possibility to login or make an account. How to mine??

It’s not necessary to login or make an account. It’s decentralized. Username and password can be whatever you want. :wink:

Well, when doing that (that’s what I did in the first place) the mining is stopped immediately and aborted when starting so that’s why I asked this question

Discovered the QKC address was not in coinbase format so that was the reason the mining was aborted, skipped the last 8 digits and now it worked.

2 Likes

Yes, the address is in ETH address (20 bytes) not QKC address (24 bytes). @jishankai Could you please update your post and note the difference?

Yes. I explained this in the first question of Q&A. However, I can’t edit the old posts because the old posts can’t be edited after they were posted one or two days later.

I was mining on Qpool.net. In the miner ststistic Total Rewards on shard 1 is ≈ 500 QKC and shard 4 is ≈ 10300 QKC. But in mainnet wallet i have less than 1500 QKC. I don’t understand

What’s your wallet address you mining on? And how long have you mined on QPool?

0xfE553eFbf8D0624B86419B2c3e31274A400ab030
≈2-3 weeks with breaks

I have checked your address and data. There’s something wrong with TotalRewards. However you have 60M hashpower, so if you mined chain1 you will only get 9QKC/day, 140-200QKC in 2-3 weeks, if you mined chain4 you will get 100QKC/day, 1400-2100 in 2-3 weeks if there aren’t breaks. The result will be more correct if you tell the exactly hours you mined. We engineers will double-check the issue.

By the way, did you make some transctions to RootChain PoSW contract? I noticed that you have some transactions to this contract address, such 1000QKC or 0QKC. We want to know the reason that you did that.

Yes, 1000QKC to RootChain PoSW contract. I did it because I wanted to understand how to make a profit. But i dont. I tried to read tutorials about PoW, PoS, PoSW and smart contracts, but they are written in a language for mathematicians and programmers and English is not my native language. I didn’t find a description for dummies that look like “do this, do that = profit”. So I just did something without understanding how it should work to test it experimentally.

I also do not understand why such different profits on different chains, and why Claymore only works on the first and fourth, and the rest gives errors

Thing is for root chain mining minimal stake is 1M QKC to get 1 POSW block per round.

Looks like qpool is broken. The last block 14 hours ago.
But shares are accepting now:((

I’ve burned 12 hours electricity for 1000Mh and have 0 QKC:(((((

The data wasn’t updated but it doesn’t mean you didn’t get rewards. It shows your rewards now.