Since inception, QuarkChain has achieved many milestones. QuarkChain’s Mainnet V1.0 “Singularity” successfully launched at 04/30/2019. It has been launched and runs stably. Thanks to the community support, QuarkChain, as one of the most famous open source public blockchain projects, has received lots of thumb-ups from several code review agencies.
However, 51% attack was reported to happen on a few influential blockchain projects, which also suffer from security concerns. These events have given us serious alert. QuarkChain has been focusing on security design from the very beginning by applying rich prior industry experience. In addition, the launches of testnets 1.0 & 2.0, code review by professional agencies, organizing hackathon, and TPS competition also greatly enhanced QuarkChain network security. A strategic partnership was also reached between QuarkChain and Certik, which will provide QuarkChain a top-notch security verification solution to resist potential hacking for smart contracts on its public chains. Nevertheless, we deeply believe that solid consensus and security come from excellent community that is very helpful for QuarkChain to do better.
Therefore, QuarkChain now officially announce our “Developer Bounty Program”. The main purposes of such event are to further enhance QuarkChain network security, offer the highest level of security of users’ property, and make QuarkChain the most secure project. Developers who find a bug, report a bug issue, and invite friends to join bounty program will receive high rewards. Details are given as follows.
1. Security Bounty
Anyone is allowed to report any security bug issue to QuarkChain official team members. The corresponding QKC will be rewarded according to the severity of the bug after rating.
- 50,000 QKC for highly-rated issue: e.g. an issue which may harm the security of users‘ property severely.
- 25,000 QKC for medium-rated issue: e.g., an issue which may cause nodes crashing.
- 5,000 QKC for low-rated issue: e.g., some low probability security bugs, etc.
2. Bug Bounty
Whenever anyone finds a bug/mistake/error in QuarkChain network and related ecosystem products, we will reward the corresponding QKC according to the severity and difficulty of repairing the bug if the bug is confirmed.
- 30,000 QKC for high-rated bug：e.g.
Blockchain forks caused by node failing to synchronize, which results from consensus bugs; or
Token loss caused by security bug, etc.
- 15,000 QKC for medium-rated bug: e.g., a situation that may cause a large number of nodes crashing; transactions cannot be performed normally, network fails to produce blocks, etc.
- 2,000 QKC for low-rated bug: e.g. JSON RPC returns error result; Node fails to start properly, etc.
3. Referral Bounty
For non-technical participants, we encourage to invite friends to join bounty program for getting rewards. Invitee joined the campaign and inviter gets 20% from the rewarded QKC (rewarded by doing activities) of invitee.
How to Report
Whenever anyone finds a bug/mistake/error, please report issues at email@example.com, where we will reward the corresponding QKC to you and your invitee (if any) according to the severity of the bug if the bug is confirmed and rated.
- Please don’t submit issues/bugs repeatedly; We will give our feedbacks on the bounty updates and our progress.
- If multiple people find the same security issue/bug, the bounty will go to the first reporter.
- Before the bug is successfully fixed, please do not disclose any detail on the bug to anyone other than QuarkChain.
- Please do not maliciously leak or tamper with account information.
- If you have any questions, please join our official developer community at Discord: https://discord.me/quarkchain.
Blockchain industry is created by the trust and consensus from community and ceaseless technical improvement mainly contributed by developers. QuarkChain welcomes all community developers (other than residents and citizens of the United States) to participate in on the principle of community utilization, community feedback and community benefits.
QuarkChain Foundation LTD reserves the final rights of explanation regarding all rules and regulations of this event.
Bounty rewards are from QuarkChain token metrics specifically used for community building.
QuarkChain is a flexible, scalable, and user-oriented blockchain infrastructure by applying blockchain sharding technology. QuarkChain is one of the first public chains that successfully implemented state sharding technology for blockchain in the world.
THE QUARKCHAIN DEVELOPER BOUNTY PROGRAM IS NOT BEING OFFERED AND IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UNITED STATES OR ITS AFFILIATED TERRITORIES. IF YOU ARE A CITIZEN OR RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM AND WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY REWARDS. QUARKCHAIN WILL STRICTLY ENFORCE THIS RULE VIA OUR KYC PROCEDURES.
All rewards will only be paid after the launch of QuarkChain’s mainnet. In order to claim or receive any of the rewards after mainnet launch, you will be required to provide certain identifying documentation and information. Failure to provide such information or demonstrate compliance with the restrictions herein may result in forfeiture of all rewards, prohibition from participating in future QuarkChain programs, and other sanctions.