since we are launching mainnet 1.4 very soon to support auctioning / issuing new native tokens, please help us test these features as much as possible!
- make sure you have some test QKC on devnet in shard 0, which will be used to auction new native tokens (minimum auction bidding price is 1 QKC). you can use the faucet or ask admin to get more test QKC
- auction a new token (the name should be >= 5 characters, name it whatever you want!). one round of auction is 10 minutes, which means if no other person is outbidding you, you will have full ownership of that native token after ending the auction in 10 minutes
- once the auction finishes with your bidding token, type the name in the upper search box and go to the token management page
- mint your tokens and feel free to send it to other people!
- now we want you to use the token to pay transaction fees. in the management page, “register” in the shards in which you intend to use the native token
- after registering, set an exchange rate for your native token to QKC and deposit some QKC as the gas reserve (both of which can be done by clicking the set rate button)
- once you have a reasonable rate and enough QKC as the reserve, you (and all other people) should be able to send transactions using your native token as gas, which will be converted to QKC and deducted from the reserve. this is a big difference comparing to an ERC-20 token
if you finished all the steps, feel free to reply in this thread and share your feedback (and your own native tokens)!